SHARPE INCOME … New Capital Allocations

Posted on Sep 21 2015 - 7:31am by Sharpe Trade

The original Sharpe Income post that explains this project can be found here.

The Sharpe Income category be found by clicking on that red ‘Sharpe Income’ tag next to this post title, or by clicking here.

We continue the discussion from the last entry


What we usually have been doing each week for this project, is placing 92% of the weekly capital contribution towards the category reserved for purchasing assets dedicated to capital gains.  The remaining 8% of the capital contribution we usually place towards the cash that we have ‘on-hand’ in the form of ‘dry powder’, to buy income assets.

Not this week.

Why?

Well, last week, we purchased Union Pacific (UNP) as an income asset for this project.  We had previously reserved $305.00 to purchase Union Pacific (UNP).   So after our purchase for the project, we had some money left over, and have allocated it thus …. 

Sharpe Income Capital Allocation 9_22_15

As you have no doubt been able to infer, the income asset I have my eye on at this point is Colgate (CL), and so we have moved some cash over that way.

We continue forward with the same plan we have been using for the last couple of months.  The majority each weeks capital contribution will be sent to the category we pull from to purchase more  instruments we use for capital gains.  The assets we use for capital gains are PCY, QQQ, TLT, JNK and IVV.

The link to the Google Drive Spreadsheet that you can view, that we will edit, build upon and refer to over time can be found at this link.

We continue the Sharpe Income project with this next entry.

The Sharpe Income PDF breakdown for Week 43 can be found here (numbers computed off of Friday’s close) …

Leave A Response