SHARPE INCOME … Maneuverable and New Assets

Posted on Jul 20 2015 - 9:57am by Sharpe Trade

The original Sharpe Income post can be found here.

The Sharpe Income category be found by clicking on that red ‘Sharpe Income’ tag next to this post title, or by clicking here.

We continue the discussion from the last entry.


For the purposes of this particular project, I once again moved 92% of this weeks capital contribution towards the category reserved for purchasing our capital gains assets.  The remaining 8% of the capital contribution was placed towards cash that we simply have ‘on-hand’ in the form of ‘dry powder’.  Our focus at this point, is on saving our capital contributions for assets we can buy for the project, for capital gains as a ‘background strategy’; the main goal of growing an income account.  Simply because the purpose of this account is income, does not mean that we should not buy capital gains assets in the background.

Project Cash Allocations (Taken from the PDF Below)

Project Allocations

Our performance here in the beginning of this project has been flat.  

Which is great.

Sharpe Income Performance

What this means is that we have started a small amount of yield in just seven months … just a nibble with a few instruments, and have had the patience to allow the capital contributions to pile up.   We have the cash, reserved, ready to go, to buy into Union Pacific (UNP) when the time is right.  Cash is continuing to pile up so we can purchase other instruments …

Project Balance

So that begs the question … what capital gains instruments are we looking to buy?

Well, if you remember … a short while ago we had said that a few of the instruments I buy for capital gains are JNK, which we have already bought.   There is also TLT, and PCY.

So in addition to keeping an eye on Union Pacific (UNP) this week (I’m expecting lower prices on a weak quarter.  Coal and other volumes have been dropping for 3 months), I am also watching TLT, and PCY.  Either of which I could buy at any time with the $140.00 we have reserved towards such a purchase.  So keep your eyes and ears peeled.  These are also ‘purchase entries’ that could show up any day here at Sharpe Trade!

The link to the Google Drive Spreadsheet that you can view, that we will edit, build upon and refer to over time can be found at this link.

We continue the Sharpe Income project with this next entry.

The Sharpe Income PDF breakdown for Week 34 can be found here …

Leave A Response